Blackcomb Peak Ascent
1 Person Only: $749
2 Person: $399 per person
Our most popular mountaineering tour!
Duration: Full Day
MAKE A BOOKING
This tour is now finished for the 2020 Summer season. Please contact us and we can suggest another activity!
The approach is made easy by using the Whistler Blackcomb ski lifts and a hike to the base of the peak. One of our most popular rock climbing tours! The Buttress provides a mix of scrambling, and low fifth class roped climbing with short cruxes on beautifully featured rock and generous ledges for belays.
Exposure increases as the Buttress narrows the higher you climb. You do not need to be an experienced rock climber or mountaineer to tackle this climb. It’s an excellent one-day activity to round out anyone’s summer visit to Whistler.
It’s an excellent one-day activity to round out your summer visit to Whistler.
- Good fitness and agility is recommended.
- All climbing gear is included, although it is encouraged to use your own if you have it.
- Meals and transportation is not included.
- Suitable for most youth 15 and up.
**The price of the tour does not include a gondola ticket. Gondola tickets are available for purchase through our office.**
Meet the guide at 8:15am at the Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre down in the village.
There you will meet your guide for the day, sign a waiver, grab all your climbing gear and discuss the outlook for the day. You will then head up the gondola to start your day!
Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures supplies the following items:
- Satellite Phone / Spot / Radio
- Climbing Rack
Guests should bring::
- 35-45 litre pack
- Walking pole (optional)
- Glacier axe
- 2 Locking carabiner
- 1 double length sling
- Glacier Travel Kit (if you know how to use it)
- Clothing – base layers, insulating layer (synthetic or wool. Cotton is not recommended) and shell layer (Gore-Tex or similar)
- Spare base layer and socks
- Warm gloves & spare gloves
- Warm hat
- Sunglasses, sunscreen/lip balm
- Water bottle – thermos recommended for hot beverage
- Personal medications
- Blister kit (second skin or similar)
- Lunch and snacks
At the top of the gondola you will be in an alpine mountain environment where weather and conditions can change fast – it is best to be prepared with extra clothing layers.