Coast Backcountry Ski & Splitboarding
Experience true backcountry, world class terrain that is easily accessible in a timely manner.
Location: Sea to Sky
Duration: Full Day
Prerequisites: Intermediate Ski/Ride
Head to the Coast Mountains, with options ranging from Squamish to Pemberton, for a truly off-the-beaten-track adventure. Or enjoy the backcountry terrain beyond the Whistler Blackcomb ski area boundaries. Start your day with a lift assist, then leave those lift lines behind.
How to Book:
• Choose a date thats best for your
• Let us know you ski ability and we will team you up with the best guide and group!
• Gear up! If you already have the gear that’s great…..if not you can rest everything from Escape Route. Don’t forget you get 15% off rentals if you book a tour with MSAA!
• Book yourself onto a tour! We require a minimum of 2 participants on each tour….grab a ski mate or two to save money!
• Already have a group together larger than 5 participants? Book a Private Tour and save even more money!
Conditions are almost always favourable with lots of powder to ensure great turns for all. Groups may get up to 3 – 5 runs and up to 5,000 ft of vertical descent for the day depending on ability and fitness level. If you are unsure of your ability please contact us.
This year we have changed our pricing to make it easier for backcountry enthusiasts to book within their social bubble. Booking within your own buddle makes it easier for the guide to tailor the day to your groups ability allowing you to get the most out of your day!
Geared for intermediate, advanced and expert skiers or snowboarders we can always find the best terrain for you!
- Avalanche safety equipment is not included (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Touring skis/splitboard required.
- Geared for intermediate, advanced and expert skiers or snowboarders. Beginners to backcountry skiing and splitboarding are encouraged to try our 1 Day Intro to Backcountry Skiing Touring and Splitboarding course.
- Participants must be comfortable and confident in intermediate terrain [blue runs] in a variety of snow conditions. If you are unsure of your ability, please contact us for more information.
- Groups can expect 3 – 5 runs and up to 5,000 ft of vertical descent for the day, depending on ability and fitness level
- Transportation is not included.
- Squamish: Hosts touring opportunities for all skill levels and abilities. Whilst the rolling meadows of Paul Ridge are a great starting point for beginner enthusiasts the terrain rapidly changes.
A shuttle service from Escape Route to Elfin Lakes is provided by Shred Shuttle for an additional $40.00 return per person.
**please note this shuttle service requires a minimum of 5 particpants to run.
Duffey Lakes/Pemberton: Classic, coastal big-mountain skiing. This area offers a lifetime of options to choose from. This location is a must visit for skiers and splitboarders!
- Duration: 1 full day (6-7 hours)
- Meeting Time: 8:15am
- Meeting Location: Dependent on touring destinations.
When booking you can specify your destination or we can provide suggestions based on your experience and ability.
Please note whilst we’ll do our best to go where you want to, sometimes the conditions dictate otherwise. If this is the case we’ll contact you to discuss some other great options.
If you require rentals or need to purchase equipment, we have teamed up with the experts at the Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre. Follow the link HERE to purchase or rent gear for this course!
Transportation is required, this can be provided for an additional charge if you do not have access to a vehicle.
- Touring skis / splitboard and skins
- Avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Ski / snowboard boots (your regular boots will work with the touring bindings)
- Weatherproof shell jacket and pants – dress for a day in the alpine
- Warm layers (fleece or puffy jacket)
- Thermal under layer
- Winter hat/toque
- Goggles and/or sunglasses
- Water (1 litre)
- Lunch and snacks