Multi-Day Backpacking Trips
There is amazing terrain and nature to explore in the Whistler area, this adventure is your chance to take it all in!
Location: Whistler & Sea to Sky
Multi-day backpacking trips with a guide offer you the chance to explore further the knowledge of a local. We can suggest many trips of unique beauty and various challenges in the Coast Mountains to suit you. Trips of different lengths are available by request.
ADVENTURE DETAILS BELOW...
Whatever your ability or backcountry experience, whether looking for the ultimate adventure to test your mettle in amazing terrain or to simply experience the satisfaction of gaining unrestricted views in untouched wilderness, we offer several different adventures, each unique.
Our multi-day trips are designed to equip you with basic outdoor skills for safe mountain travel and self-reliance in the backcountry should you pursue your own future wilderness endeavors.
All trips include interpretive information on fauna, flora, local geology, glaciology, mountain culture and natural history. Depending on the trip, basic skills-building may include:
- Overnight backpacking packing tips
- Hiking efficiency techniques, functional movement and energy-management
- Backcountry hygiene, environmental considerations
- Camp kitchen craft
- Hazards assessment, route planning, terrain interpretation and decision-making
- Weather observations
- Safe scrambling essentials. Scrambling is off-trail ascending and descending on boulders, ridges, narrow paths or loose rocks, involving more technical terrain where hand-holds and sure footing is required to pass sections
Duration 4-7hrs of hiking travel per day, leaving from Whistler (unless otherwise specified). Departure times vary based on trip.
Check-in time and location will be determined upon booking with the office.
Day 1: Hike to camp, 4-7hrs, set-up, relax, plan next day
Day 2: Explore surrounding viewpoints with a light daypack, swim, relax
Day 3: Tear down camp, pack, with an option to explore additional viewpoints on return or a leisurely hike back 4-7 hours
If you require rentals or need to purchase equipment, we have teamed up with the experts at the Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre. Follow the link HERE to purchase or rent gear for this course!
Important: Mountain weather and conditions can change fast and drastically – it is best to be prepared for cool, wet conditions even on a sunny day.
- Backpack (45-65 litres)
- Sleeping mat
- Sleeping bag
- Hiking Bookts
- Hiking Poles
- Weatherproof shell jacket (preferably Goretex, with a hood)
- Water 1.5-2 litres
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and snacks per day. 1000-3000 total calories min (aim to have extra)
- Sunglasses, cap/toque/hat
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Light gloves
- Long pants and an extra top layer (long sleeve or short sleeve in case of sudden weather change such as hot/cold)
- Extra socks
- Personal items, blister kit, any medication you require
- SHeadlamp/torch or small flashlight
- Journal/Reading Material/Small Games
- Water purifying tablets
Custom Mountaineering Trip
Craving more adventure than the average explorer? Send us a request for your specific objective!
Mt Habrich Multi-Pitch Ascent
Take in the incredible views of Howe Sound and Squamish from the peak of Mount Habrich!