Join one of our professional IMFGA Mountain Guides for a trip that focuses on technical climbing routes in the classic Tantalus Range.
Duration: 3 Days
On this tour, guests will stay at the Jim Haberl Hut in the high alpine, giving you access to the finest routes in the range. You have access to ascents of Mount Tantalus, Serratus, Alpha, and Dione.
ADVENTURE DETAILS BELOW...
MAKE A BOOKING
Trip dates available upon request. Various trip lengths can also be arranged.
Tantalus is a world-class venue for exceptional technical alpinism on perfect granite, snow, and ice. The Tantalus Range is characterized by jagged summits that tower out from massive glaciers. We fly in by helicopter for several days of exploring one of Canada’s premiere alpine destinations!
Access: The helicopter is very cost effective as it negates a very arduous two-day approach and its proximity to the heliport makes the trip a bargain!
Food: The food will be catered according to your dietary needs. The hut is equipped with a full-service kitchen and barbeque.
Accommodation: The Haberl Hut is equipped with all amenities.
- Crevasse Rescue & Glacier Travel training is a prerequisite for this adventure.
- Return helicopter flight is included in the cost.
- Participants must have previous mountaineering experience.
- Ground transportation is not included.
- Pay careful attention to the detailed equipment list. Rental equipment is available at a local shop if needed.
- Meet at either the MSAA office in Whistler or the Squamish Heli-Port.
- Once at the hut, we will drop off our baggage and then we get a quick heli-lift to access our first route.
- Upon returning to the hut, we have a great supper and social gathering to plan for the next day’s adventure.
- At the end of the trip, we fly back to the Squamish Heli-port.
If weather conditions cause us to be unable to fly, we will arrange an alternative date with you or offer an alternative product for the same day that does not require the use of a helicopter (in this instance any costs associated with the helicopter will be refunded).
If you require rentals or need to purchase equipment, we have teamed up with the experts at the Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre. Follow the link HERE to purchase or rent gear for this course!
Group gear (included):
- Satellite Phone / Spot / Radio
- Climbing Rack
- Climbing pants (light pants that allow maximum mobility)
- Tee shirt
- 2 Mid layer fleece or wool top
- Weatherproof shell jacket
- Down or synthetic insulating “puffy” jacket
- Warm hat
- Light gloves
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Approach shoes
- 35-45L pack
- Walking pole (optional)
- 2 locking carabiners
- 1 double length sling
- Headlamp with fresh batteries and spare bulb
- Water bottle – thermos recommended for hot beverage
- Toiletries & personal medications – toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, anti-inflammatory, etc…
- Glacier Travel Kit (if you know how to use it)
Intro to Basic Mountaineering
In this course, you will learn the basic mountaineering skills needed to safely climb a snow and ice peak.
Intro to Alpine Rock
Alpine rock climbing, a revered sport and a timeless climbing tradition.