Private Guiding & Instruction
Private (up to 6 People): $849
Want some specific instruction? MSAA can help you with a personalized day!
Duration: Full Day
Our private guides spend a day to help you accomplish your goals this season. You choose the objective and let us know what you’d like to cover and how hard (or relaxed) you would like the day to be. Get some friends together and design a day that’s all about you!
Looking to improve your mountain skills and savvy? Planning to summit one of the local peaks in Whistler? Wanting to ski or climb in a more intimate style?
Hiring a private guide is the perfect opportunity to get personalized one-on-one instruction and guidance without having to deal with group dynamics.
Our Whistler-based guides are available for backcountry skiing and snowboarding, ski mountaineering and ice climbing or for instruction on topics such as avalanche awareness, climbing skills, navigation, glacier travel, crevasse rescue and more.
If you have something in mind, please let us know and we can help you make it happen.
**The price of the tour does not include a gondola ticket. Gondola tickets are available for purchase through our office.**
The Curriculum is based on the client’s ability and desired outcome.
The Guide will determine the custom curriculum after a discussion with the client.
Sample topics may include:
- Ski / splitboard technique
- Ski mountaineering technique
- Ice climbing
- Avalanche awareness
- Climbing skills and transitions
- Trip planning
- Glacier travel
- Crevasse rescue
If you require rentals or need to purchase equipment, we have teamed up with the experts at the Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre. Follow the link HERE to purchase or rent gear for this course!
- Touring skis / splitboard and skins
- Avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Ski / snowboard boots (your regular boots will work with the touring bindings)
- Lift pass: backcountry lift ticket available through our office (not needed if you have a season pass or day passes)
- Weatherproof shell jacket and pants – dress for a day in the alpine
- Warm layers (fleece or puffy jacket)
- Thermal under layer
- Winter hat/toque
- Goggles and/or sunglasses
- Water (1 litre)
- Lunch and snacks