Bridge to Wilderness First Responder – (50 Hours)
Per Person: $549
The most practical first aid course for all backcountry users and outdoor professionals!
Duration: 5 Days
Prerequisites: Minimum age: 16 & AWFA-40h
Sirius has developed a special bridge course for those who would like to upgrade their certification from Advanced Wilderness First Aid to Wilderness First Responder. To be eligible for the Wilderness First Responder bridge course a participant must have obtained or recertified the Advanced Wilderness First Aid certification within the past 12 months.
In addition to a brief review of material covered in the 40-hour program, the bridge course focuses primarily on the advanced material and skills included in the Wilderness First Responder program.
Certification is valid for three years. To recertify this course, you must take another Bridge to Wilderness First Responder (50 hours) before the expiry date on your card.
Participants need to have an AWFA-40h certification obtained in the past 12 months or have a valid WFR-80h certification that is shortly expiring and that they need to recertify
- Students must be at least 16 years old to participate in this course. Those under 19 years of age will require the written consent of a parent or guardian.
- 100% participation is required to pass this course.
- Majority of the course is spent outdoors. Please be prepared for all weather conditions.
- It is encouraged for your to bring your own first aid/guide’s pack, if you have one.
- There may be some take home exercises during the course.
This course is scheduled for 5 days or 50 hours of instructional and practice time.
Certification is valid for three years.
- Day 1 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Day 2- 8:30am to 5:30pm + 6pm-10pm
- Day 3 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Day 4- 8:30am to 5:30pm + 6pm-10pm
- Day 5- 8:30am to 5:30pm
All teaching materials will be at no additional cost.
Students will receive the following books on this course:
- Wilderness and Rescue Medicine: A Practical Guide for the Basic and Advanced Practitioner
- The Field Guide of Wilderness and Rescue Medicine
- Wilderness Medicine Workbook
- Wilderness First Responder Class Notes
- SOAP Notebook
For the practicum outdoor training, please prepare for any weather conditions.
Students can use their own outdoor gear so as to be familiar with the equipment that will be available to them in a real world first aid situation.
Things to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Weatherproof outerwear for the outdoors portion of the course. Please check the weather forecast each day and dress appropriately.
- Pen/pencil and notebook (recommended)
- First Aid/Guide’s pack if you have one
Click HERE for the full Course Curriculum