Bridge to Wilderness First Responder/ WFR recertification
Per Person: $510
The most practical first aid course for all backcountry users and outdoor professionals!
Duration: 5 Days (1 Day Online)
Prerequisites: Minimum age: 16
AWFA-40h or WFR-80h
Sirius has developed a special bridge course for those who would either like to upgrade their certification from Advanced Wilderness First Aid to Wilderness First Responder or recertify their Wilderness First Responder.
For more information regarding Course Covid-19 procedures CLICK HERE
Sirius has developed a special bridge course for those who would like to upgrade their certification from Advanced Wilderness First Aid to Wilderness First Responder. To be eligible for the Wilderness First Responder bridge course a participant must have obtained or recertified the Advanced Wilderness First Aid certification within the past 12 months.
In addition to a brief review of material covered in the 40-hour program, the bridge course focuses primarily on the advanced material and skills included in the Wilderness First Responder program.
Certification is valid for three years. To recertify this course, you must take another Bridge to Wilderness First Responder/ WFR recertification before the expiry date on your card.
- Students must be at least 16 years old to participate in this course. Those under 19 years of age will require the written consent of a parent or guardian.
- 100% participation is required to pass this course.
- Majority of the course is spent outdoors. Please be prepared for all weather conditions.
- It is encouraged for your to bring your own first aid/guide’s pack, if you have one.
- There may be some take home exercises during the course.
This course is delivered in 2 parts: an online theoretical module and a session of practical activities and realistic simulations designed to acquire the essential skills to work on the field.
The duration of this program is 50 hours, divided into 1 day online at your own pace and 4 days in person.
Certification is valid for three years.
- Online Portion (10 Hours) - To be completed at your own pace prior to day 1
- Day 1 - 8:00am to 5:00pm + 6pm-10pm
- Day 2 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Day 3 - 8:00am to 5:00pm + 6pm-10pm
- Day 4 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
Almost half of the course hours are devoted to practical activities.
All teaching materials will be at no additional cost.
Students will receive the following books on this course:
- Wilderness and Rescue Medicine: A Practical Guide for the Basic and Advanced Practitioner
- The Field Guide of Wilderness and Rescue Medicine
- Wilderness Medicine Workbook
- Wilderness First Responder Class Notes
- SOAP Notebook
For the practicum outdoor training, please prepare for any weather conditions.
Students can use their own outdoor gear so as to be familiar with the equipment that will be available to them in a real world first aid situation.
Things to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Weatherproof outerwear for the outdoors portion of the course. Please check the weather forecast each day and dress appropriately.
- Pen/pencil and notebook (recommended)
- First Aid/Guide’s pack if you have one
Participants' knowledge and skills are assessed throughout the training through review sessions, tests and exams, and ongoing evaluation of skill acquisition. Participants' knowledge and skills are also assessed on the last day of training through a multiple-choice and practical exam.
The certificate is valid for three years. SIRIUSMEDx issues a digital certification recognizing your knowledge.
Click HERE for the full Course Curriculum