Private Rock Instruction
1 Person alone: $449
2 People: $249 per person
Learn outdoor rock climbing in the world class destination of Squamish BC.
Location: Squamish or Whistler
Duration: 1 Day
If you don’t see the specific rock climbing course you are looking for or if the listed course dates don’t fit your schedule, let us organize private instruction for you. Any topics can be taught from the basics to multi-pitch systems.
Any topics can be taught from the basics to multi-pitch systems. Come on your own or organize a group of friends and learn together.
Our private guiding program lets you design your own climbing adventure. Whether it is single pitch classics or multi-pitch routes on the Grand Wall – we can help you reach your goal. Some of the most popular multi-pitch routes we guide are below.
- 08:15 Meet at Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures Office or Squamish Adventure Centre.
- Meet and greet, sign waivers, safety discussion and gear check.
- Discuss current weather and the objectives of the day.
- Drive or walk to course location.
- 16:30 End of day. Debrief, discuss following day.
Plan ahead, check the weather forecast, and dress accordingly.
- Climbing pants (light pants that allow maximum mobility)
- Mid layer fleece or wool top
- Weatherproof shell jacket
- Down or synthetic insulating “puffy” jacket
- Warm hat
- Light gloves
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Approach shoes
- Daypack 25-35L
- Rock climbing shoes
- Belay device
- Locking carabiners
- Chalk bag
- Anchor building equipment
Food and water are not included. Bring lunch, snacks, and plenty of water.
If you do not have your own climbing equipment please contact us to arrange to borrow helmets, harness or climbing shoes.
It is beneficial to practice using your own equipment under the supervision of a professional.