Whistler Backcountry Ski & Splitboarding
Experience the true winter wilderness away from the lifts and crowds.
Enjoy the backcountry terrain beyond the Whistler Blackcomb ski area boundaries. Start your day with a lift assist, then leave those lift lines behind. Or head to the Coast Mountains, with options ranging from Squamish to Pemberton, for a truly off-the-beaten-track adventure.
Join one of Whistler's leading backcountry provider and enjoy awesome backcountry skiing and splitboarding around the Whistler Blackcomb ski area. The big-mountain backcountry outside of the ski area offers a multitude of bowls, glaciers and gladed runs to choose from.
Geared for intermediate, advanced and expert skiers or snowboarders we can always find the best terrain for you!
- Avalanche safety equipment is not included (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Touring skis/splitboard required.
- Geared for intermediate, advanced and expert skiers or snowboarders. Beginners to backcountry skiing and splitboarding are encouraged to try our 1 Day Intro to Backcountry Skiing Touring and Splitboarding course.
- Participants must be comfortable and confident in intermediate terrain [blue runs] in a variety of snow conditions. If you are unsure of your ability, please contact us for more information.
- Groups can expect 3 – 5 runs and up to 5,000 ft of vertical descent for the day, depending on ability and fitness level
Lift Ticket: If you do NOT currently possess a valid Whistler Blackcomb lift ticket (Seasons Pass, Spirit Pass, Edge Card, Epic Pass, etc.), you may buy a Lift Ticket through our office at checkout.*We require a minimum of 3 for our tour to run. If the tour is unable to run we will contact you 48hrs prior with alternative options.
- Location: Garibaldi Park – adjacent to Whistler Blackcomb ski areas
- Duration: 1 full day (6-7 hours)
- Meeting Time: 8:15am
- Meeting Location: Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre
Please note whilst we’ll do our best to go where you want to, sometimes the conditions dictate otherwise. If this is the case we’ll contact you to discuss some other great options.
If you require rentals we have teamed up with local rental companies to provide discounted rentals. Visit our rental page HERE for more information!
- Touring skis / splitboard and skins
- Avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Ski / snowboard boots (your regular boots will work with the touring bindings)
- Lift pass
- Weatherproof shell jacket and pants – dress for a day in the alpine
- Warm layers (fleece or puffy jacket)
- Thermal under layer
- Winter hat/toque
- Goggles and/or sunglasses
- Water (1 litre)
- Lunch and snacks
The important details:
Season: Nov – Apr
Duration: 1 Day (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Location: Whistler Backcountry
Max Ratio: 6 Clients to 1 Guide – minimum 3 to confirm
Prerequisites: Good Fitness & Advanced Skier
Price: $269/per person | $849/private (up to 6ppl)
Book a Private adventure and have a guide to yourself:
Coast Backcountry Ski & Splitboarding
Experience true backcountry, world class terrain that is easily accessible in a timely manner.
Challenge yourself with a Spearhead Traverse ski tour in the backcountry of Whistler!