Whistler Backcountry Ski & Splitboarding
Starting from: $204 (min 2 ppl)
Private (up to 8 People): $849
Experience the true winter wilderness away from the lifts and crowds.
Location: Whistler Blackcomb
Duration: Full Day
Enjoy the backcountry terrain beyond the Whistler Blackcomb ski area boundaries. Start your day with a lift assist, then leave those lift lines behind. Or head to the Coast Mountains, with options ranging from Squamish to Pemberton, for a truly off-the-beaten-track adventure.
HOW TO BOOK:
• Choose a date thats best for you
• Let us know you ski ability and we will team you up with the best guide and group!
• Book yourself onto a tour! We require a minimum of 2 participants on each tour….grab a ski mate or two to save money!
ADVENTURE DETAILS BELOW...
MAKE A BOOKING
Dates coming soon…
- Choose the best date for you using the drop-down menu below.
- Tour Location: This tour is located on Whister Blackcomb and you will require a lift ticket.
Join one of Whistler's leading backcountry provider and enjoy awesome backcountry skiing and splitboarding around the Whistler Blackcomb ski area. The big-mountain backcountry outside of the ski area offers a multitude of bowls, glaciers and gladed runs to choose from.
Geared for intermediate, advanced and expert skiers or snowboarders we can always find the best terrain for you!
- Avalanche safety equipment is not included (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Touring skis/splitboard required.
- Geared for intermediate, advanced and expert skiers or snowboarders. Beginners to backcountry skiing and splitboarding are encouraged to try our 1 Day Intro to Backcountry Skiing Touring and Splitboarding course.
- Participants must be comfortable and confident in intermediate terrain [blue runs] in a variety of snow conditions. If you are unsure of your ability, please contact us for more information.
- Groups can expect 3 – 5 runs and up to 5,000 ft of vertical descent for the day, depending on ability and fitness level
- Location: Garibaldi Park – adjacent to Whistler Blackcomb ski areas
- Duration: 1 full day (6-7 hours)
- Meeting Time: 8:15am
- Meeting Location: Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre
Please note whilst we’ll do our best to go where you want to, sometimes the conditions dictate otherwise. If this is the case we’ll contact you to discuss some other great options.
If you require rentals or need to purchase equipment, we have teamed up with the experts at the Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre. Follow the link HERE to purchase or rent gear for this course!
A lift pass is required. If you do not have a Season Pass, Epic Pass or day ticket, backcountry lift tickets are available through our office for $59.00.
- Touring skis / splitboard and skins
- Avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Ski / snowboard boots (your regular boots will work with the touring bindings)
- Lift pass
- Weatherproof shell jacket and pants – dress for a day in the alpine
- Warm layers (fleece or puffy jacket)
- Thermal under layer
- Winter hat/toque
- Goggles and/or sunglasses
- Water (1 litre)
- Lunch and snacks
Coast Backcountry Ski & Splitboarding
Experience true backcountry, world class terrain that is easily accessible in a timely manner.
Challenge yourself with a Spearhead Traverse ski tour in the backcountry of Whistler!