Want to guide epic adventures all summer? Want to ski for a living all winter? Join our team and enjoy the outdoors year-round!
MSAA welcomes hard-working people who love working outdoors and want to connect with clients and educate them on our local area while guiding some epic tours. You should have excellent communication skills, great customer service, be able to multi-task and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
In return, be part of a guiding community that thrives on shared beta, mentorship and helping you grow your guiding resume to create a sustainable career. Enjoy a flexible and varied schedule, with perks such as pro deals, discounts in local stores and even free beer!
See position descriptions below:
Hours: Full-time and part-time available
Compensation & benefits:
• Competitive wage
• Pass contribution
• Discounts for friends and family
• Pro deals
• Opportunity to guide with correct first aid cert
• FREE access to all our tours and courses, staff events and much more!
Main roles and responsibilities:
• Help clients with any bookings and enquiries by phone and email.
• Assist the office team with any administration tasks as required.
• Have good knowledge of outdoor activities and aid clients in booking the right product for their needs.
• Demonstrate excellent client service and sales skills
• A positive attitude and ability to work well both alone and in a team
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills
• Good computer knowledge and ability to navigate Google Drive
• 80-hour first aid certification e.g. Wilderness First responder with CPR-C, Outdoor Emergency Care or OFA3
• Canadian Avalanche Association, Avalanche Operations Level 1
• Practitioner status is preferred, but there are opportunities if you do not have it yet
• Previous teaching experience is preferred, but training and shadowing is provided.
Guiding work includes, but is not limited to:
• AST1 (Classroom and Field Day)
• Intro to Backcountry
• Snowshoe hikes
• Foundation Clinic
• Tail guiding with ski guides (unpaid practicum)
Year-Round Lead Guide position: Mountain Guide or Aspirant (AAG/ASG)
Hours: Full Time, Year-Round. (30-60 hours per week).
Compensation: Salaried, $65-80k+ based on qualifications and experience
- Guiding and instructing a wide range of tours and courses, including single and multi-day Ski touring, Crevasse Rescue, Ice Climbing, Rock Climbing and summer mountaineering.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all clients.
- Facilitating morning and afternoon guide meetings.
- Assist with the development of curriculums and itineraries for tours and courses.
- Provide mentorship to other guides at MSAA, including tail guides/practicums.
- Plan itineraries for private and custom clients.
- IFMGA or, at a minimum, both ACMG Apprentice Ski Guide and Apprentice Alpine Guide. (Supervision provided by IFMGA guides for the latter)
- 80-hour first aid, e.g. WFR, OEC, OFA3 or higher
- CAA Operations Level 2
What we’re looking for:
- People who are passionate about the outdoors and showing clients what the Sea-To-Sky has to offer
- 80-hour first aid certification e.g. Wilderness First responder with CPR-C, Outdoor Emergency Care or OFA3
- Canadian Avalanche Association, Avalanche Operations Level 1 is an asset
- Previous guiding experience is an asset
- Guiding snowshoe tours in and around the Whistler area
- Coordinating with the office and other guides to organize the day
- Problem-solving on-the-go
- Flexible schedule with varying hours
- Part-time – 2-3 days a week