Per Person: $650
Private (up to 6 People): $2799
13 glaciers in 3 days all above 2,000 meters!
Duration: 3 Days
Fitness: Very Good
Prerequisites: Touring Experience
Challenge yourself with a Spearhead Traverse ski tour in the backcountry of Whistler! Travel and camp across 13 glaciers all above 2,000 metres. Spectacular scenery and excellent skiing! Hone your winter skills with a professional guide: glacier route finding, navigation, avalanche and hazard assessment, terrain evaluation will be practiced along the way.
Passholders: Please be aware that you are responsible for making your own reservation to access the lifts on tour dates. For more information please visit: Whistler Blackcomb or to make a reservation visit: Epic Pass
This traverse through the Spearhead and Fitzsimmons Ranges is comparable to the famous “Haute Route” in Europe. The route offers spectacular scenery and excellent skiing. Glacier route finding and navigation, avalanche and hazard assessment and terrain evaluation will all be practiced along the way: a perfect trip to hone your winter skills in a challenging environment. Participants must be strong intermediate or above skier/riders with previous touring experience and good physical condition.
Big terrain features, lots of variety, and 3 days – this is a great ski trip experience! Other tour length options are available upon request.
The Spearhead Traverse follows the range behind Whistler Blackcomb Resort. The tour starts by riding the lifts up to the Blackcomb Glacier and end the tour on the ski runs at Whistler Mountain.
If you are looking to raise your touring level or are after a landmark mountain adventure this is a perfect trip – and so accessible!
The trip cost includes:
- Guiding fee
- Guides meals
- Camping and park fees
- Group equipment (first aid, cooking stove, pots, rope, utensils)
The trip cost DOES NOT include:
- Ground transportation
- Lift ticket
- Avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Touring equipment (skis/splitboard, boots, skins, poles)
- Personal camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and a backpack)
- Food catering
- 8:15am: Meet your guide for conditions and weather briefing and gear check.
- Load gondola to access the backcountry.
- Begin the traverse with options to ski Mt. Trorey and Trory Glacier (8000 m) or Mt Pattison (8200 m) which offers a 2500m ski run.
- Camp in the evening at a location depending on conditions and pace through the day. Camp may be on Trorey, Tremor, or Platform Glacier.
- Breakfast and guide’s meeting.
- Continue traverse with many options for descents.
- Camp in the evening at a location depending on your touring route through the day.
- Breakfast and guide’s meeting.
- Ski up to Fissile and ski out the Singing Pass trail through to the village or enter over the Musical Bumps back to the Whistler Ski Resort over Whistler Mountain.
If you require rentals or need to purchase equipment, we have teamed up with the experts at the Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre. Follow the link HERE to purchase or rent gear for this course!
- Touring skis / splitboard and skins
- Poles (telescopic poles required for splitboarders)
- Ski / snowboard boots
- Ski Crampons
- 45L + pack
- Sleeping Bag + Pad
- Goggles & Helmet
- Harness & two locking carabiners
- Crevasse Rescue Kit (if you know how to use it, if not bring two locking carabiners)
- Ice Axe
- Headlamp with fresh batteries
- Avalanche safey kit (Can be provided if needed, please let us know)
A full equipment list will be sent to you prior to this tour.