Via Ferrata provides exhilarating views you have to experience!
Via Ferrata (or “klettersteig” in German-speaking nations) is a relatively young pursuit here in North America. But in Europe, its history dates back over a century. While the first via ferrata routes were built to access popular mountain summits more easily, most protected routes in the Alps were a result of military construction.
During World War I, the armies of Austria-Hungary, Italy and France manned mountain positions in the areas of the Dolomites and the French-Swiss Alps. Military engineers built ladder routes, underground tunnels and hanging bridges to increase the efficiency of troop movements over mountainous terrain.
HOW TO BOOK
• Choose an Adventure date that’s best for you.
• Please check the calendar via the Book Now button to check which days we run this adventure.
• Gear up! If you already have the gear that’s great…..if not you can rent everything from Escape Route. Don’t forget you get 15% off rentals if you book a tour with MSAA!
• Book yourself onto an Adventure using our online booking system!
• Book a Private Adventure and we can work around your plans.
Did you know we also run many different Adventures! Check out our Adventures page for more details!
Via Ferrata Whistler
Duration: 4 Hours
Feel the exhilaration of climbing to the top of Whistler Peak with the safety of a professional guide and specialized climbing equipment.
Via Ferrata Squamish
Duration: 1.5 Hours
A thrilling adventure and no experience is needed. You are clipped into a safety cable and use rungs that make it as easy as climbing a ladder.