Via Ferrata provides exhilarating views you have to experience!
Via Ferrata (or “klettersteig” in German-speaking nations) is a relatively young pursuit here in North America. But in Europe, its history dates back over a century. While the first via ferrata routes were built to access popular mountain summits more easily, most protected routes in the Alps were a result of military construction.
During World War I, the armies of Austria-Hungary, Italy and France manned mountain positions in the areas of the Dolomites and the French-Swiss Alps. Military engineers built ladder routes, underground tunnels and hanging bridges to increase the efficiency of troop movements over mountainous terrain.
HOW TO BOOK
• Choose an Adventure date that’s best for you.
• Please check the calendar via the Book Now button to check which days we run this adventure.
• Gear up! If you already have the gear that’s great…..if not you can rent everything from Escape Route. Don’t forget you get 15% off rentals if you book a tour with MSAA!
• Book yourself onto an Adventure using our online booking system!
• Book a Private Adventure and we can work around your plans.
Did you know we also run many different Adventures! Check out our Adventures page for more details!
Via Ferrata Whistler
Starting from $149
Duration: 4 Hours
Feel the exhilaration of climbing to the top of Whistler Peak with the safety of a professional guide and specialized climbing equipment.
Via Ferrata Squamish
Starting from $99
Duration: 1.5 Hours
t’s a thrilling adventure and no experience is needed. You are clipped into a safety cable and use rungs that make it as easy as climbing a ladder.