Resuming Operations Safely
And it’s important! Not only do we wish to remain a world class leading provider, but everyone knows there is no better way to reduce the stress of the last few months than having awesome adventures in the beautiful outdoor spaces of BC.
In accordance with leading subject matter experts, authorities, associations and stakeholders we have compiled and developed a robust and dependable safe method to provide our services, the MSAA 2020 Covid-19 SOP. We are confident that our methodology effectively reduces the risk of COVID-19 transmission, so that we may resume operations in a safe and responsible manner, providing peace of mind for all.
Lets safely enjoy the Sea to Sky this summer.
MSAA is very excited to explore and enjoy our beautiful wilderness with you, once again. More than ever, safety is on everyone’s mind and it remains our paramount concern. After all safety and unrivalled service are the cornerstone of MSAA’s impeccable reputation:
• A flawless, 29-year safety record you can depend on
• Recipient of the most prestigious award for customer satisfaction & service
• MSAA’s robust & dependable “2020 Covid-19 SOP (Safety Operational Procedures)”
What is MSAA Doing?
• Digital booking & waiver
• Easy, dependable and practical 4 stage screening prior and during activity
• Providing 100% credit for any guest who feels ill on the day of their tour/ course
• Four stage check: (alongside disinfecting and physical distancing)
• Step 1: Government of Canada & BC Health Authorities (CDC, PHSA
& WCB) Covid-19 response, measures & travel restrictions
• Step 2: MSAA Online Assessment & Declaration of Health mandatory
• Step 3: MSAA guide & staff Guest Assessment using Covid-19
Poster & App
• Step 4: MSAA guide trained to assess for symptoms during guiding
• Implementation of MSAA 2020 Covid-19 SOP in guide training and operational use:
• Guides undertake a rigorous staff training which includes our newly implemented Covid-19 Safety Operating Procedures
• Our procedures include such protocols as:
• Very stringent guide self-assessment, declaration of health, self-sanitation/sanitization each and every shift
• Guide to demonstrate a Tour/course action while maintaining social distance and with help of one’s social “bubble” member, i.e. put harness on a youth
• Handling equipment or assisting a guest within 2 meters protocol: Both parties must shield nose and mouth (mask/ face cover, etc.). Keep it brief, avoid skin contact, avoid aligned nose/mouth, disinfect both parties’ hands immediately after
• Guides will brief all clients on our safe COVID-19 procedures & best practices at the start of every tour or course.
• All equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after each client’s use.
• All MSAA guides & participants will endeavor to maintain social distancing while guiding and participating as much as is practical and reasonable while maintaining safety as a priority and considering social “bubbles”
• If you are partaking in a course with a classroom portion:
• All clients will be kept 2m apart including seating
• MSAA will provide hand sanitizer for use throughout the day
• All surfaces will be disinfected prior to and after the day
• Access facilities such as doors will be kept open and/or handles regularly disinfected
• All to abide by recommended and regular hand washing and sanitizing when possible throughout the day
• If a client is deemed to be displaying symptoms, they will be asked to leave the group and refunded in full
What we ask you to do:
• Do not join an adventure or course if you are feeling sick. •
We encourage all clients to book online and contact us by phone or email.
• All clients will be asked to complete a self-check survey prior to the tour/course alongside signing a waiver with an attached COVID-19 clause. 4 firstname.lastname@example.org 604 938 9242
• All clients must wash hands, followed by hand sanitizer (EDA approved hand sanitizer) prior to commencing guided activity.
• All guests must provide their own PPE (mask, gloves etc) to be used in enclosed spaces such as gondolas or when physical distancing cannot be maintained. Single use masks and gloves will be available for purchase.
• Bring your own food or drink
• Consider booking a private “bubble” tour