Booking Terms & Conditions, Cancellations & Refunds:
Full payment of the booking cost is required prior to and for participation in any MSAA booking.
- All guests must sign a release of liability waiver prior to participating in any activity. Guests who are 19 years and older sign their own waiver. Guests under the age of 19 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver on their behalf. Please review and sign our online digital waiver prior to your booking here: MSAA SmartWaiver. *Note that you may opt out of the digital waiver and instead ask to sign a paper waiver (Call or email our office prior to your booking so we may ensure paper waivers are on hand).
- Next day bookings are taken up until 5pm the day before any tour or course. *Subject to guide availability. We do not take same-day bookings online. For same day bookings, an email does not suffice. Please phone our office, and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Guests arriving more than 15 minutes late for a booking will forfeit 100% of the booking price. Tours leave promptly; it is recommended to arrive 15 minutes early to sort out equipment, logistics and ensure waivers are signed.
- Clients wishing to cancel or reschedule may incur penalties. Please see details under Cancellations below.
- MSAA reserves the right to change or cancel any itinerary or service at any time due to insufficient enrolment, poor weather or conditions and other extenuating circumstances without penalty to MSAA. See details under Cancellations below.
- Though rare and undesirable for all parties, cancellations by either MSAA or on behalf of our clients may occur, causing inconvenience and or costs to be incurred. For this reason, cancellation insurance is highly recommended. (See Trip Cancellation Insurance).
- Your physician should clear any health problems that may affect your participation in any tour. It is imperative you disclose any medical condition that could put you, your guide or others’ safety at risk.
- Photo/video release – By default, our system automatically provides your consent to photographs and/or video taken of being used for advertising, promotional or marketing purposes. However, you may also choose to opt-out and not give consent, in which case photo/video may be transferred to you in complete privacy and then deleted.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all prices listed on our website are in Canadian Dollars.
- Listed prices do not include tax. An additional 5% Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be added to the booking total. We will apply the appropriate tax rate when you book.
- Certain goods and products on our website are subject to an additional 7% provincial sales tax (PST). We will apply the appropriate total tax rate when you book.
Book Now, Pay Later:
Greater than 30 days from the start date:
- A 50% deposit is required to secure your trip or program. The remaining trip cost is due 30 days prior to the trip/program start date. An email will be sent to you with a payment link. If this is not completed MSAA reserves the right to charge the original card on file.
Less than 30 days from the start date:
- The trip cost must be paid in full
Book Now, Pay Later is not available for any products that use a helicopter or for any of our custom products e.g. Custom Mountaineering.
Cancellations by clients must be submitted in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For last minute cancellations we ask you to please also call our office as soon as possible, if outside of office hours, please leave a message. Doing so provides our staff and other participants with early warning and reduces inconvenience for all. Cancellations are not confirmed until you have received a response via email from our office. Cancellation requests sent directly to guides instead of the office will not be recognized. Please note cancellations cannot be accepted outside of office hours.
1-2 Day Programs:
Within 10 days: Rescheduling is not permitted and cancellation notice will result in a 100% forfeit of the booking fees.
Outside of 10 days: A 12% rescheduling or refund fee applies. This amount will automatically be deducted from any refund or applied to a rescheduling.
3+ Day Programs:
Within 30 days: Rescheduling is not permitted and cancellation notice will result in a 100% forfeit of the booking fees.
Outside of 30 days: A 12% rescheduling or refund fee applies. This amount will automatically be deducted from any refund or applied to a rescheduling.
Booking Specific Cancellation Policy:
Some programs have a specific cancellation policy that applies differently and only to that program. In that case, the specific booking policy will be clearly outlined and have precedence over our general cancellation policy.
Dealing with Cancellations or Rescheduling by either MSAA or by the client:
Cancellations or Rescheduling:
MSAA strongly recommends trip cancellation insurance which provides insurance for certain costs incurred due to unforeseen cancellations, rescheduling or changes to your intended bookings.
Cancellations or Rescheduling by Client:
Clients’ who wish to cancel or reschedule are subject to the limitations of the MSAA Booking Terms & Conditions: Cancellations & Refunds policy.
Cancellations or Rescheduling by MSAA:
Due to extenuating circumstances beyond our control, MSAA may be forced cancel or reschedule a booking. In this case MSAA may at its sole discretion:
- Offer an alternative product
- Reschedule the program
- Provide a credit
- Provide a refund
MSAA may not be held responsible or liable for any costs or inconvenience incurred as a result of cancelling or rescheduling a booking.
Trip Cancellation and Medical Insurance:
Trip cancellation and medical insurance provide coverage for unforeseen circumstances that may cause a client to cancel or not participate in their booking:
MSAA Trip Cancelation Insurance Coverage for only the booked activity:
Cost: 12% charge of the pre-tax booking amount.
Benefit: Allows the customer to cancel or reschedule 1 time at no penalty.
Conditions: Purchase the insurance and client must inform MSAA of change or cancellation requests 24 hours prior to course/trip start. Rescheduling must be completed within 12 months of original bookings dates and subject availability.
Note the insurance is not applicable to 3rd party expenses that are non-refundable including but not limited to:
- Hut fees
Trip Cancelation Insurance for Canadians or Visitors to Canada wishing to insure other portions of their visit (flights, hotels, transport, etc.):
MSAA recommends Tugo Travel Insurance
Emergency Medical Expenses Insurance:
Ensure that your health plan will cover you in case of illness or accident during your trip. Obtain extra coverage if necessary. There is typically no charge for rescue in the National and Provincial Parks, however, costs such as air or ground transportation, long-term care, and other services are not covered.
MSAA recommends Tugo Medical Travel Insurance
For gift certificates purchased the following terms and conditions apply:
- No expiry date
- This certificate is valid only with Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures
- The certificate is transferable but not refundable or redeemable for cash
- In the case of a lost or stolen gift certificate MSAA requires a photo ID of the original payee
- Any balance remaining is not exchangeable for cash. It will be held as a credit for future use.
- Any additional cost exceeding the value of this voucher will be paid by the redeemer.
Upon booking your trip, you will receive an email confirmation with a Participant Information Form, including a pre-trip checklist. The checklist includes important information about your trip, a gear list, meeting time and location, pre-trip homework, and forms. The Participation Form may be used to share information about yourself and to submit any requests for gear. Both the Participation Form and Waiver forms should be completed as soon as possible, as these enable us to finalize the details of your trip.
Weather and Mountain Conditions Policy:
Mountain weather is unpredictable in all seasons and is a constant factor that shapes the decisions we make before and during our programs. It would not be practical for us to refund every situation where our guests do not get the weather conditions they hope for so we make every effort to develop alternative plans. If you have a single objective in mind (such as a peak or route) we cannot guarantee that the conditions or weather will allow an attempt of that objective. We will work diligently to give you the best experience with the conditions we face at the time.
Such as restaurants, active agents and transportation may play a role in making the tour happen, and that the Company cannot be held accountable or liable for third parties conduct. Although the Company represents that it contracts with reliable, professional and responsible third parties, in the event such third parties cause injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity, the Company cannot accept responsibility or liability for third-party actions.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF RISKS (Please read carefully):
Adventure Sports Activities involve many risks, dangers and hazards. These risks and hazards are outlined in our release of liability, waiver of claims, the assumption of risks, and indemnity Agreement which all participants are required to read and sign before participating in an Adventure Sports Activity. This Agreement will affect your legal rights should you be involved in an accident. You may obtain a copy of the Agreement from our office.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Whistler Alpine Guides Bureau Ltd. is our legal name. We do business as Mountain Skills Academy and Adventures.
We endeavour to keep all information contained in MountainSkillsAcademy.com up-to-date. However, prices, listings, articles and other information are subject to change and are for information purposes only. MSAA assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions noted on this web site. Please verify all information via email or by telephone.
Publications, products, content or services referenced herein or on the site are the exclusive trademarks of the MSAA, including the “look” and “feel” of the site, MountainSkillsAcademy.com colour combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements.
Any use of MountainSkillsAcademy.com’s trademarks are strictly prohibited without the express permission from the MSAA. Other product and company names mentioned in the site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Links to 3rd Party Web Sites
This Web site contains hyperlinks to web sites operated by parties other than MSAA. MSAA does not control such web sites and is not responsible for their contents. MSAA’s inclusion of hyperlinks to such web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such web sites or any association with their operators.
Limitation of Liability
Neither MSAA nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments or suggestions regarding our website.