Women's SPEARHEAD TRAVERSE
THE WOMEN’S BACKCOUNTRY SERIES is a program designed for women looking for a pressure-free environment to progress in the backcountry. Learn from the best female and male guides in the area, with support, patience and a wealth of experience.
This traverse through the Spearhead and Fitzsimmons Ranges is comparable to the famous “Haute Route” in Europe. The route offers spectacular scenery and excellent skiing. Glacier route finding and navigation, avalanche and hazard assessment and terrain evaluation will all be practiced along the way: a perfect trip to hone your winter skills in a challenging environment. Participants must be strong intermediate or above skier/riders with previous touring experience and good physical condition.
Big terrain features, lots of variety, and 3 days – this is a great ski trip experience! Other tour length options are available upon request.
The Spearhead Traverse follows the range behind Whistler Blackcomb Resort. The tour starts by riding the lifts up to the Blackcomb Glacier and end the tour on the ski runs at Whistler Mountain.
If you are looking to raise your touring level or are after a landmark mountain adventure this is a perfect trip – and so accessible!
Lift Ticket: If you do NOT currently possess a valid Whistler Blackcomb lift ticket (Seasons Pass, Spirit Pass, Edge Card, Epic Pass, etc.), you may buy a Lift Ticket through our office at checkout.**All guided trips subject to a minimum number of participants. 48 hour notice will be given if the minimum number has not been reached.
The trip cost includes:
- Guiding fee
- Guides meals
- Camping and park fees
- Group equipment (first aid, cooking stove, pots, rope, utensils)
The trip cost DOES NOT include:
- Ground transportation
- Lift ticket
- Avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Touring equipment (skis/splitboard, boots, skins, poles)
- Personal camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and a backpack)
- Food catering
- 8:15am: Meet your guide for conditions and weather briefing and gear check.
- Load gondola to access the backcountry.
- Begin the traverse with options to ski Mt. Trorey and Trory Glacier (8000 m) or Mt Pattison (8200 m) which offers a 2500m ski run.
- Camp in the evening at a location depending on conditions and pace through the day. Camp may be on Trorey, Tremor, or Platform Glacier.
- Breakfast and guide’s meeting.
- Continue traverse with many options for descents.
- Camp in the evening at a location depending on your touring route through the day.
- Breakfast and guide’s meeting.
- Ski up to Fissile and ski out the Singing Pass trail through to the village or enter over the Musical Bumps back to the Whistler Ski Resort over Whistler Mountain.
If you require rentals we have teamed up with local rental companies to provide discounted rentals. Visit our rental page HERE for more information!
- Touring skis / splitboard and skins
- Poles (telescopic poles required for splitboarders)
- Ski / snowboard boots
- Lift Pass
- Ski Crampons
- 45L + pack
- Sleeping Bag + Pad
- Goggles & Helmet
- Harness & two locking carabiners
- Crevasse Rescue Kit (if you know how to use it, if not bring two locking carabiners)
- Ice Axe
- Headlamp with fresh batteries
- Avalanche safey kit (Can be provided if needed, please let us know)
A full equipment list will be sent to you prior to this tour.
The important details:
Season: Mar – Apr
Duration: 3 Days
Max Ratio: 6 Clients to 1 Guide
Minimum Age: 19 yrs
Prerequisites: Very Good Fitness & Touring Experience
Price: $699/per person | $2799/private (up to 6ppl)
Request Alternative Dates:
Have a date in mind that is not available to book? Request an alternative date and if we have more than 4 participants interested we will open the date.
Women's Ski Mountaineering
This is a fast-paced course that takes backcountry skiers and snowboarders to the next level – winter ski mountaineering.
KEES & CLAIRE HUT TRIP
Stop skiing in other people’s tracks and head deep into the backcountry!