Kees & Claire Multi-Day Hut Trip
Experience the best ski touring Whistler has to offer from the Kees and Claire Backcountry Hut.
Stop skiing in other people’s tracks and head deep into the backcountry! Tour some of the best backcountry the southern Coast Mountains have to offer on these exhilarating overnight trips with a professional ski guide.
With the hut located just a few hours from the ski resort boundary this is the best way to experience the finest skiing Garibaldi Provincial Park has to offer with the comfort and convenience of a beautiful alpine backcountry hut. Join us for a 2 nights & 3 days; or book a custom trip to suit all of your backcountry needs.
Your experienced ski guide will provide instruction on backcountry equipment usage and lead you down some memorable ski descents. Intimate group sizes provide individual attention and a day at the right pace. This is a must-do experience on your Whistler visit!
Access the hut via the Musical Bumps. From the top of the Peak Express the hut is 9.4km with a 515m elevation gain. The trips take 2.5-4.5 hours. Past the hut, the peaks start getting much larger with mountains such as Fissile & Overlord.
The Kees and Claire Hut: The hut is the first of three huts planned in the Spearhead Range, resting beneath Fissile Peak. The hut sleeps 38 people divided into 6 sleeping areas. The hut is fully heated so no need to bring anything other than a sleeping bag and pad! The hut is also fully equipped with stoves and all the cooking equipment you will need to cook up a meal after a long day of ski touring!
Lift Ticket: A lift ticket is required for day 2 of this course. If you already have a Season Pass, Edge Card or Epic Pass you do not require a ticket. Otherwise you can purchase a backcountry ticket for $59.00+tax at checkout.
- 8:15am Meet at Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre for gear check and waivers.
- 8:45am Upload Whistler Gondola and begin ski tour out to the Kees and Claire Hut (2.5-4.5 hours).
- Drop gear off at the hut and possible ski the rest of the afternoon.
- Evening food with Guide and debfief.
- Morning Breakfast.
- 9:00am Skiing until afternoon
- Evening food with Guide and debrief.
- Morning Breakfast.
- Return to Whistler Village via Singing Pass or Musical Bumps
- Debrief at Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre
If you require rentals we have teamed up with local rental companies to provide discounted rentals. Visit our rental page HERE for more information!
- Touring skis or splitboard and skins
- Poles (telescopic poles required for splitboarders)
- Ski / snowboard boots
- 45L + pack
- Light Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Headlamp with fresh batteries
- Water bottle(s) (Minimum 1L capacity)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen
- Goggles & Helmet
- Personal Care Kit (toilet paper, toothbrush/toothpaste, personal medical drugs)
- General Repair Kit: to repair packs, clothing, Thermarest, etc.
- Blister kit/First Aid
- Avalanche safety kit
- Harness (optional depending on location)
- Glacier travel kit (optional depending on location and only if you know crevasse rescue)
- Ski and/or boot crampons depending on conditions and objective
- Mountaineering axe depending on conditions and objective
- Ear Plugs
- Reading Material
- Map, compass, GPS
- Field book and pencil
- Watch (with altimeter, barometer, compass, thermometer)
- Hut Booties/Slippers
The important details:
Season: Dec – Apr
Duration: 3 Days
Max Ratio: 6 Clients to 1 Guide
Prerequisites: Very Good Fitness & Touring Experience
Price: $849/per person
Coast Backcountry Ski & Splitboarding
Experience true backcountry, world class terrain that is easily accessible in a timely manner.
Challenge yourself with a Spearhead Traverse ski tour in the backcountry of Whistler!