Per Person (1 – 2 ppl): From $849
Per Person (3 – 4 ppl): From $699
Conditions are almost always favourable with lots of powder to ensure great turns for all.
Location: Tantalus Range
Duration: Full Day
Escape the crowds with heli-accessed Ski-touring that takes you deep into the Tantalus Range. You and your friends start the day with a heli-accessed drop, then continue touring for the rest of the day. Heli-accessed touring is a great option to gain some elevation, without going for the full heli-ski experience. Our expert guides will take you out for the best backcountry experience.
ADVENTURE DETAILS BELOW...
Go further this winter! Escape the crowds in a private helicopter that takes you deep into the Tantalus Range. Explore deep into the backcountry with your friends or family and a qualified ACMG guide. Start your day with a scenic helicopter ride to the Tantalus Range. Once you are dropped off start your day with an epic decent, then continue touring for the rest of the day.
Conditions are almost always favourable with lots of powder to ensure great turns for all. Your experienced ski guide will lead you down some memorable descents. Intimate group sizes provide individual attention and a day at the right pace.
End your day with a final decent all the way to the valley bottom (depending on conditions). High fives all round before heading back in the Heli to the Squamish Heliport. Customise your day with alternate pick-up locations from Whistler Heli Port or even Vancouver Harbour Heli Port (Please inquire about this option)
If the weather conditions do not allow the helicopter to fly, we will arrange an alternative date with you or offer an alternative product for the same day that does not require the use of a helicopter (in this instance, any helicopter costs will be refunded).
Meeting Location & Time: Squamish Heli Port 8:00am
Dates: This tour usually runs from mid December - Spring (depending on conditions)
Group Size: We run tours for Groups of 2 & 4. Please inquire for larger groups
- Scenic flight to the drop off point provided by No Limits Heli Adventures
- Proffesionally Guided Tour provided by ACMG Certified Guide
- All the technical technical gear (only thing you need to bring is your touring skis or splitboard!)
- Touring Skis/Splitboard - However we have partnered with Escape Route who will provide you with rentals for a discounted price!
- Transportation - is not included to Squamish Heliport however, you can be picked up from Whistler Heli Port or even Vancouver Habour Heli Port (Please inquire about this option)
If you require rentals or need to purchase equipment, we have teamed up with the experts at the Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre. Follow the link HERE to purchase or rent gear for this course!
- Warm clothing (wool/synthetic recommended)
- Warm socks (wool/synthetic recommended)
- Insulating jacket (down or similar)
- Shell jacket (Gore-tex or similar)
- Shell trousers (Gore-tex or similar)
- Warm gloves and shell gloves
- Warm hat
- Touring skis / splitboard and skins
- Poles (telescopic poles required for splitboarders)
- Ski / snowboard boots
- Day Pack (30-32L) - If you do not have this please let us know and we can provide one
- Goggles & Helmet
- Headlamp with fresh batteries
- STP package (Shovel, Transceiver & Probe) - If you do not have this please let us know and we can provide one
- Water (approx. 1-2L)
- Hot tea, coffee or hot chocolate in a thermos (optional)
What you need to bring:
- Harness & two locking carabiners
- Crevasse Rescue Kit (if you know how to use it)
- Ice Axe (TBD depending on conditions and objective)
- Ski Crampons (Depending on conditions)
What we will provide (if you have any of the following equipment please bring it with you):
Coast Backcountry Ski & Splitboarding
Experience true backcountry, world class terrain that is easily accessible in a timely manner.
Challenge yourself with a Spearhead Traverse ski tour in the backcountry of Whistler!