CUSTOM OVERNIGHT HUT TRIP
BACKCOUNTRY TOUR ON A GREATER SCALE AND WARM UP IN A COZY BACKCOUNTRY HUT!
BOOK NOW Price: $699.00 /per person
CUSTOM OVERNIGHT HUT TRIP
Stop skiing in other people’s tracks and head deep into the backcountry! Tour some of the best backcountry the southern Coast Mountains have to offer on this exhilarating overnight trip with a professional ski guide.
This is a great way to experience backcountry skiing in the Coast Mountains with the convenience of a cozy mountain hut to spend the night. You will learn about backcountry travel, route finding, avalanche safety basics and enjoy amazing powder turns in fresh coastal snow.
A great opportunity for learning and experience! Skiers, snowboarders and telemarkers are welcome.
We strive to bring our guests to the best slopes the area has to offer.
- The trip cost includes: guiding fee, guide’s meals and hut fee
- The trip cost does NOT include transportation to the trailhead, touring skis/splitboard, personal camping equipment, and food catering for participants.
- Pricing is subject to group sizes.
- Maximum 6 to 1 client to guide
- Food catering is available at additional cost. Dietary restrictions must be disclosed at time of booking. You are responsible for your own water and extra snacks.
- Participants must be comfortable and confident on blue (intermediate) runs in variable snow conditions.
If you require rentals we have teamed up with local rental companies to provide discounted rentals. Visit our rental page HERE for more information!
- Touring skis or splitboard and skins
- Poles (telescopic poles required for splitboarders)
- Ski / snowboard boots
- 45L + pack
- Light Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Headlamp with fresh batteries
- Water bottle(s) (Minimum 1L capacity)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen
- Goggles & Helmet
- Personal Care Kit (toilet paper, toothbrush/toothpaste, personal medical drugs)
- General Repair Kit: to repair packs, clothing, Thermarest, etc.
- Blister kit/First Aid
- Avalanche safety kit
- Harness (optional depending on location)
- Glacier travel kit (optional depending on location and only if you know crevasse rescue)
- Ski and/or boot crampons depending on conditions and objective
- Mountaineering axe depending on conditions and objective
- Weatherproof shell jacket and pants
- Down or synthetic “puffy” insulated jacket
- Insulating top and bottom underlayers and socks plus extras for multiple days
- Weatherproof Gloves (standard ski gloves are suitable)
- Extra gloves
- Light gloves for uphill (mountain bike/running gloves work well)
- Warm hat, balaclava
- Baseball cap/sun hat for spring touring
- Ear Plugs
- Reading Material
- Map, compass, GPS
- Field book and pencil
- Watch (with altimeter, barometer, compass, thermometer)
- Hut Booties/Slippers
The important details:
Season: Dec – Apr
Duration: Various Days
Location: Sea to Sky & Coast Mountains
Max Ratio: 6 Clients to 1 Guide
Prerequisites: Very Good Fitness & Touring Experience
Price: Starting from: $699/per person
COAST BACKCOUNTRY SKI & SPLITBOARDING
Experience true backcountry, world class terrain that is easily accessible in a timely manner.
Challenge yourself with a Spearhead Traverse ski tour in the backcountry of Whistler!