Rock Progression Program
Recommended for participants who wish to acquire a complete mountaineering skill set.
The Rock Progression Program is either a 4 or 3-day in-depth program in all aspects of rock climbing. This comprehensive course is a must to kick-start your rock climbing career. Designed for climbers who want the skills and knowledge to take their climbing to the next level.
This comprehensive course is a must to kick-start your rock climbing career. Designed for those who are new to outdoor rock climbing and want to learn everything in one go. Top-rope, lead, sport, trad, multi-pitch: after this course, you will be able to climb it all – and at a higher grade due to the professional coaching and instruction!
You can expect to leave the course fully autonomous, with a strong foundation in all aspects of rock climbing.
If students would like to schedule extra tours/courses or trips not included in this program they will be given a membership card which will unlock deals throughout the season which include:
- Exclusive Discounts: All Academy Members will receive a 15% discount on any MSAA Course/Tour.
- Tour/Course Filler: All Academy Members wil be added to a list will allows them to access last minute trip filler discounts up to 50% OFF!
This program runs over 4 full days and can be taken over the course of 3 weeks - 3 months. You design the perfect calendar to work around your plans! If you already have outdoor rock climbing experience we recommend booking the 3 day program.
At the start of every day the guide will have everyone sign a waiver before discussing the day's objectives and perform a gear check. Each day will end at approximately 4:30pm with a debrief of the day and discussion of the next day's objectives.
Each day you will meet your guide outside the Squamish Adventure Centre.
If you require rentals or need to purchase equipment, we have teamed up with the experts at the Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre. Follow the link HERE to purchase or rent gear for this course!
Climbing equipment to bring:
- Rock climbing shoes
- Belay device (eg. Petzl Reverso or Black Diamond ATC Guide)
- 5 locking carabiners
- Chalk bag
- Single trad rack (variety of cams & nuts)
- 6 extendable alpine draws (60 cm slings + 2 non-locking carabiners for each sling)
- Nut tool
- 1.5 m cordelette (7mm)
- 5.0 m cordelette (7mm)
We recommend getting familiar with your own gear but we are happy to provide the gear if you let us know what you need.
Group climbing equipment (ropes, etc.) will be brought by your instructor.
- Climbing pants (light pants that allow maximum mobility)
- Mid layer fleece or wool top
- Weatherproof shell jacket
- Down or synthetic insulating “puffy” jacket
- Warm hat
- Light gloves
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Approach shoes
- Daypack 25-35L
Be prepared for both hot or cold days and rain. There are rain protected climbing venues. Dress according to the weather forecast.
Below is the full curriculum for this program. If students would like to add additional products to their curriculum this can be indicated to the MSAA team after booking.
If for some reason you have already taken one of the courses/clinics below, you can swap it out for another product of the same value.
- Introduction to Rock Climbing (Not included in the 3 day program)
- Introduction to Traditional Climbing
- Introduction to Multi-Pitch Climbing
- Rock Rescue
- Trip: To fully develop the skills you have learnt throughout this program, we recommend each student joins an additional guided or instructional day. *This is not included within the price of the program, however, Academy members will be given an exclusive discounted rate of $385.00 (addtional option at checkout).
The important details:
Season: Dec – Apr
Duration: 8 Days
Location: Sea to Sky
Max Ratio: Course depending
Price: Starting from $449/per person
How to Book: Please read through each course under the Curriculum tab and let us know your preferred dates when booking. If you do not know the best schedule for you an MSAA member will be in contact once you have booked to lend a hand.
Mountain Super Program
A fully comprehensive course recommended for participants who wish to acquire a complete mountaineering skill set.
Conquer the chief
Scale one of the largest granite monoliths in the world. With so many options available, this is the ultimate multi-pitch experience.